Details to follow for another amazing interactive hands on cooking class.
Learn how to master a delicious gluten and wheat free meal.
The best part, you’ll get to taste the culinary delights.
To be held in Toronto and limited to ten enrollments. Send us a comment.
There are thousands of cook books on the market but the cook book called Hollyhock Cooks is one really stands out for me. Because it presents foods that nourish the mind, body and soul. It reveals recipes which has purity as its essence. Hollyhock Cooks provides the food to nourish that very thing through featuring fresh organic produce, wild seafood, edible flowers in over 200 recipes from soups, salads, sauces, spreads and gourmet entrees.
These are three of my favorite healthy cooking recipes:
Salmon Mousse Quiche page 66
Pattypan Squash with Yogourt-Hazelnut Sauce page 90
Zucchini Bread page 148
Okay you just learned you have to change everything you know about food, the way you shop, cook and eat. That is enough to scare anyone. We are the Kitchen Coaches and we will help you transform one bite at a time.
Join us for a Sunday afternoon feast created by you and for you.
We will have fun on a Sunday afternoon creating a Gluten Free, Yeast Free, Alkaline based meal.
We will coach you through an appetizer, soup, entree and dessert and then at the end we will sit down and enjoy our creations. We love cooking and coaching you to navigate to a new eating regime.
Coaches: Cathy Buchanan, Brian Reilly
When: March 25, 2012 1:00 to 5:00 pm
Cost: $75 which includes the food.
Where: Richmond Hill, (just north of Toronto) Ontario, Canada
Join us! There are only 5 spots!!!!
Check out our video on You Tube called – Changing Your Eating Habits – Invite to Cooking Class
HERE IS THE MENU:
Appetizer: Cold Vietnamese spring rolls
Soup: Sweet Potato, Chili, Lime
Salad: Arugula, Fennel, Granny Apple, Walnut, Gogi Berries
Entrée: Chicken Thighs stuffed with Goat cheese, Fennel, Basil
Side dishes: Quinoa Pilaf, Curried Cauliflower and Peas
To join us for this amazing class, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
With our busy rushed schedules, we don’t have the time to access healthy delicious foods because with our schedules we just don’t have the time or resources. It’s much easier when were on the run to grab fast foods. They may taste great but are really healthy for us. It depends on what you eat, but often they won’t be if you’re trying to lose weight or keep your weight down. In order for us to keep our health, we need to pay attention to what we eat, because our health and well being depends on it.
Let’s look at 3 essential tips for delicious, healthy foods.
1. Choose an abundant supply of fresh live foods, including fruits and vegetables. In the summertime, in Canada, it’s much easier to find because we have access to many farms and markets that provide a great selection of fresh locally grown foods.
2. Be sure to look for organically grown foods. SO many more stores offer this as a choice. Even if you can’t select organic, make sure that you have carefully washed your vegetables and fruits. These healthy foods including salads can also be prepared in advance. This is key. As we rush around, having quick access to healthy foods is key to making sure you are grabbing for the right healthy foods. Another way is consider using a juicer or blender. What a marvelous way to each fresh live healthy foods and quick. One great way to get your fruits and vegetables fresh is use a blender to make a smoothie. Delicious.
3. Lastly, be mindful of portion size. Your intake of any foods for maximum health must be in small portions. You may want to eat more than 3 times in a day. Split your food portion and spread it out over your day to get maximum health. In my experience eating times are so important. Eating right at bedtime is not good. Some suggest not eating past 6 at night. It all depends on your preference. But the main thing is eat in small portions.
Following these three tips is a small but crucial step towards achieving your goal of a better and healthier lifestyle. It begins with our choices. You may think this is hard. Or, because of your circumstances, it’s not possible. But make your choice. You’ll feel so amazingly better just taking charge. Believe me; eating healthier live foods will go a long was to making you feel better about the choices you make.
How would you like to have more energy, look and feel more healthier, feel younger, lose weight and cleanse your body all at the same time? Well then try this on for size.
Rachel Ray has become one of the Queens of cooking, what with being a celebrity cook. With her own TV show, she has brought back ways to make cooking fun, fast and really tasty using fresh healthy ingredients.
Your wrong if you think Rachel Ray is not into losing weight. Being around food all day, working with food all day, what better person to ask about dieting or what Rachel Ray would say ” The Non Diet Approach to Dieting”. This sounds odd but this routine has worked for her weight lose.
The simple facts are, eat the foods you should, stay away from your shouldn’t eats, it’s ok to have fun, indulge every now and then. Rachel Ray follows these six simple rules for her diet.
Rachel Ray’s 6 Simple Rules to A Non-Diet Approach to a Diet.
1. Don’t eat if you’re not hungry. This appeals more to your craving side, having to suppress that urge to munch down that slice of cake even when you are not hungry. Not only does this add you unnecessary pounds, it also affects your diet discipline.
2. Never skip meals. Skipping meals will just urge you to take in more on the next opportunity you can eat, so avoid this.
3. Get exercise, even just moderately as much as you can. Sitting around allows your body to store fat and prevents it from burning those calories you’ve just taken in during lunch, so having a bit of exercise will do most help to you. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, and walk if you’re just going to the grocery at the next block.
4. Make your mind up with what the phrase “perfect body” means for you. This really works much with your self-esteem and mental state. One thing that you should remember, though, not all skinny girls are healthy, and not all of them are exactly sexy. Do not mind if you have some curves, as long as you are healthy.
5. Learn from your mistakes. If you cannot deal with a specific diet, do not re-do it, there are a lot of other diets you can try that might work for you.
6. Think healthy. All diets boil down to this one. If you cannot keep yourself away from junk foods like sodas and fast food, there is no way a diet can help you lose weight. Rachel Ray clearly says that a healthy diet and set of foods are the best way to go.
This Recipe Goes out to Sandra who inspired me at dinner tonight.
Thanks Giving twist on Pumpkin Pie
If you love Pumpkin pie, try this recipe. The Chocolate combined with Pumpkin and Maple Whipped Cream are so well matched it will make you come back for more….mmmm
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 Cup Chocolate Cookie Crumbs
1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup melted Butter
1/2 cup softened Cream Cheese
3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
1 can (14oz) pure Pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup all purpose Flour
1/2 tsp each Nutmeg and Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground Cloves
Maple Whipped Cream
3/4 cup Whipping Cream
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
Combine cookie crumbs, cinnamon and melted butter in a bowl and mix together. Transfer into an 8×11 baking pan lined with parchment paper and press mixture into bottom. Bake at 350 f for 10 minutes and remove and let cool. While cookie crumb mixture is baking combine cream cheese and brown sugar in a large bowl and beat with a mixer until fluffy. Beat in pumpkin eggs and vanilla until blended. Turn mixer to low and beat in flour nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon until just combined. Pour mixture over chocolate base and spread evenly, place in oven and cook for 20 minutes, remove and let cool.
Maple Whipped Cream
In a bowl combine whip cream and maple syrup and beat until slightly firm peaks form.
Cut into squares and serve each with a dab of whipped cream